Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Miramar Jets Girls Soccer Team

The Miramar girls soccer team has been ranked number seven in the nation. The head coach, Sean Bowers, started the team from the bottom and got them to where they are now on the top. Bowers started working with this team, in 2007, with passion and commitment. In the first five years he has coached the womens soccer team they have made an astounding record of 74-21-9. Although they rank number seven in the nation, they also rank number two in the state. This team has put in a great amount of effort and determination. In 2012 the overall record was 19-2-1, and their conference record was 14-1-1.

Individual Game Results & Details

DateMatch TypeOpponent & Game InformationScore
08/28/2012Non-Conf.vsGolden West (10-9-2)Full Match ReportW3 - 1
08/30/2012Non-Conf.atVictor Valley (2-16-3)Full Match ReportW3 - 0
09/05/2012Non-Conf.vsNorco (8-11-1)Full Match ReportW6 - 0
09/11/2012ConferenceatCuyamaca (16-5-0)Full Match ReportW2 - 1
09/14/2012ConferencevsSan Diego City (7-9-4)Full Match ReportW5 - 0
09/18/2012ConferenceatMiraCosta (6-12-2)Full Match ReportW8 - 1
09/21/2012ConferencevsSan Diego Mesa (11-7-2)Full Match ReportT0 - 0
09/25/2012ConferenceatPalomar College (4-15-2)Full Match ReportW4 - 0
09/28/2012ConferencevsImperial Valley (0-18-0)Full Match ReportW13 - 0
10/02/2012ConferencevsGrossmont (9-10-1)Full Match ReportW7 - 0
10/09/2012ConferencevsSouthwestern (12-7-2)Full Match ReportW4 - 0
10/12/2012ConferencevsCuyamaca (16-5-0)Full Match ReportW1 - 0
10/16/2012ConferenceatSan Diego City (7-9-4)Full Match ReportW7 - 0
10/19/2012ConferencevsMiraCosta (6-12-2)Full Match ReportW4 - 1
10/23/2012ConferenceatSan Diego Mesa (11-7-2)Full Match ReportW3 - 0
10/26/2012ConferencevsPalomar College (4-15-2)Full Match ReportW8 - 0
10/30/2012ConferenceatImperial Valley (0-18-0)Full Match ReportW8 - 0
11/02/2012ConferenceatGrossmont (9-10-1)Full Match ReportLF0 - 1
11/09/2012ConferenceatSouthwestern (12-7-2)Full Match ReportW3 - 1
11/17/2012PlayoffvsCuyamaca (16-5-0)Full Match ReportW2 - 0
11/20/2012PlayoffatSan Bernardino Valley (14-3-5)Full Match ReportW4 - 0
11/24/2012PlayoffatSantiago Canyon (23-1-1)Full Match ReportL2 - 3
 Others that contributed in the hard work and coaching are Asst. Coach: Anya Bohun-Chudyniv, Asst. Coach: Monique Brass, Asst. Coach: Briana Duckworth, and Asst. Coach: MIke Gentry. To find out more about any of the Miramar sports teams you can go to the Athletic Director: Nick Gehler.
 
 
What do you think of the girls soccer team?
 
"I actually have never heard of it before. I don't really follow sports."
- Ilir Berisha
Major: Mechanical Engineering
 
"I have never heard of the team but now that I know, I wouldn't mind going to watch a game."
-Ricardo Hernandez
Major: Film and Cinematography
 
"Yes I have heard of them, but I have never been to one of their games."
-Mustafa Kazimi
Major: Undecided, G.E.
 
By: Andrea Spivey, Evelin Mendoza, Cinthya Casillas
 

11 comments:

  1. Well as everyone may know, I am in the Miramar Girls soccer team. I like it a lot and I think this was a great article; not only because I’m a player, but because it puts the word out for us. Not that many people know about the soccer team here. It makes us better students too because we need to take a certain amount of units in order to be eligible to play and we also have to have a good GPA. But in general Miramar College has a great soccer program and I’m glad that I am part of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a cool article showing a great soccer team. Not only do they have a great team but a really good coach as well. I like how he has been with the team now since 2007 and is still helping them. That is very interesting to hear they rate second in the state and seventh in the nation. It sounds like this team is shooting for some good goals. Their record is also very catchy and impressive, I’m sure they’re on their way for even more wins. I am glad I go to a school with a great soccer team.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't follow sports very often but when I do, it's neat to read about teams that are winning, especially from where I'm attending school. It's really neat to read about the couch. Both the team and the couch must be very dedicated to this team in order to continuiously win and be doing so well in what they do, especially as a team. It's neat that this couch as built up this team from the bottom and very biginning. This is very impressive and the whole team including the coach should be very proud of their accomplishments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It’s really great to know that the school’s Soccer Team is winning and has been ranked number seven in the nation. Just by reading the Soccer Team’s individual game results, I’m really in awe. I think it’s also hard to be a member of the school team because you have to maintain a certain GPA based from what Natalie said and also attend practices. And also the dedication, effort and love from the players and their mentor are really tremendous. I may not be a huge sports follower or fan but I would want to congratulate the Miramar Jets Girls Soccer Team for their victory.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great article! I did not know that there is a girl’s soccer team in Mira mar. I am a big fan of soccer I would love to watch one of their games just because their winning. I cannot believe that they are second on state but they still can improved and be on the top of the list in the nation. Good job on the coaching staff and the players who maintained their GPA hope they win more games in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I din't know that there is a girls soccer team at the collegue, it is really wonderful that they are in the ranking number seven, Im sure they have work so hard to be there, but I think most people don't know about this team, so they need have more publicity about their team. they are doing a good job, Im very glad about them, and know that I know there are a girls soccer team I will try to go watch their games, I like soccer, Since coming to the United States from Spain I have become a Hugh fan of soccer, so the couch has made a really god job congratulations for the couch and the soccer team
    .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice article. Even though I'm not much of a soccer fan it's good to know that Miramar has a really good soccer program. Hopefully they keep their success going strong and represent Miramar with a state or national title. That would make me proud of them and proud to be a student here at Miramr.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never really payed much attention to soccer,but I have a friend from last semester her name is danielle and she was on the soccer team. Danielle was always at practice and hanging out with her teammates, which tells me that they are a close team and more of a family. The graph is very well put together to show how the girls soccer team can gain more support. I think its great that you have to have a certain GPA to keep up on the team this shows the girls that there is a balance with academics and athletics.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's really cool to know that the team is number 7 in the nation. Never seen a game, but learning about his team makes me want to go watch next year and cheer them on. Congrats to the players and coaches for the wins and hope they keep it up. Makes me proud to go to Miramar College.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is some cool information, I did not know that they are ranked number 7 in the nation, and 2nd in the state. Makes you wonder how hard it is to get on the team. Soccor is one of my favorite sports to watch now. I like to play it, but im not that good and im only good for about five minutes and im tired. Now I know they work very hard to get were they are, because there is a girl in class that said in summer time when they play they practice every day it takes most of there summer.

    ReplyDelete
  11. this was an interesting article i didn't know how good the girls soccer was that beast of a team. that is a excellent record for this season. i had no idea that we were rank number 7 in the nation and second in the state. i had never seen a game know i kinda of want to go see a game. makes me wonder on how difficult it would be to get on the tea, and how intense the practices have to be in order to have a record like that, congrats to the coaches and the assistant coaches for doing a marvelous job on coaching

    ReplyDelete